Research Images 2019 is now open for entries!
Our Research Images competition is a great way to sum up complex research in a simple and succinct way. They say a picture is worth a thousand words so how would you illustrate your research with a single image?
Submissions are invited under the University’s three key research images:
- Cultures, Communities and Society
- Global Security and Resilience
- Living Well
- The competition is open for submissions from: 4 January 2019 to 4 March 2019
- Entrants will be shortlisted by our judging panel by 15 March 2019
- Online voting will take place between 5 and 19 April 2019
- Winners will be announced at our award ceremony 29 April 2019
More information is available on our Research Images website. For inspiration take a look at our 2018 competition.
Our 2018 Competition
Our inaugural competition in 2018 was kindly supported by The Stirling Fund. We shortlisted nine images across each of the University’s three research themes: Global Security and Resilience; Cultures, Communities and Society; and Living Well. The shortlisted images tell the powerful story of research at Stirling and demonstrate the importance of our research to contemporary, global society.
Our shortlisted images went out for a public vote and we were overwhelmed by the response, generating over 6,000 votes cast.